Wednesday, July 18

My Frankendolly Project, Part 2

Waiting for her appointment
So, in my last post, I touched on the fact that I wanted a liv for hair! Katie, and the creation of Katie and Hayden.

Of course, in order to make those two dolls, I would need a few more volunteers.  This doll is one that was created from what was left.

When I looked at the assortment before me, I remembered that I had wondered why Alexis was given hazel eyes, rather than brown, so, I now have a brown-eyed African American doll.  But I didn't think I could call her Alexis...unfortunately, poor Alexis has suffered a bit of identity crisis with all of the skin tone variations she has AND her eyes are hazel.  It was obvious to me that she needed a new name.


Yes, I am Adeola



After some pondering (while deciding which wig, earrings and shoes she was going to have), I thought that Adeola suited her.  Doctor Who fans should recognize that name (Army of Ghosts)...all she needs now is a stylish updo and a smart suit.

Adeola did get Daniela's sandals, and in keeping with the dress theme, I found a little floral number that had a matching shrug from some (old) Mattel items.  Her hair is being held back with a miniature clip, which I think will stay, as I think the wig was in her face too much without it.






SO, what to you think?

Here she is after her appointment.  I have to work fast in this heat to capture the colour change in the wigs, which is why there are stray hairs in the picture.  This wig is stunning when it's fully changed.

I have yet to get a group shot of all six liv for hair! dolls, but I think it will have to wait until the temperature is cooler.




No comments:

Post a Comment