Wednesday, July 18

My Frankendolly Project, Part 1

I think I have mentioned somewhere in here that I like dolls, the type you can go to the toy store and buy.  My favourite has been Spin Master's Liv dolls, but the word is that they won't be available any longer.  Unfortunately for me (and the majority of my family who are Liv doll devotees), that leaves us in a bit of a pickle.

Christmas saw a number of liv for hair! spa dolls arrive here, and one of the devotees expressed some disappointment about Katie not being part of the line up.  Now while I understand that Katie is a tomboy and may not necessarily want to be slathered in cosmetics (at least that's the impression I get from the entry in her journal on Livworld), I'm sure she would endure a couple of hours of pampering to hang out with her friends.  After all, you can always wash it off!

Anyway, that thought got shuffled to the background until this spring, when Zeller's, a national retailer that was bought by Target, started their liquidation sales.  I realized that sale priced dolls meant that I could do a little experimenting and perhaps create a liv for hair! Katie and Hayden.

liv for hair! Hayden
liv for hair! Katie
The images show the results of my efforts, with the colour change.  Katie's eyes are a little crossed because the vinyl behind one eye tore a bit.  I think Hayden is going to have to see a stylist for her hair, because it does insist on being poufy.

Hayden is wearing Sophie's sandals and a cute little dress that I think was made by Mattel.  There are no tags in it, unfortunately, so I can't verify that at the moment.

Katie is not a dress girl.  I know she wore one in the dance (but with leggings) and she may have worn one in the school play (but of course, that was just on stage).  In my opinion, Katie isn't really a dress girl.  Yet.  So, she's wearing a cute crop t-shirt and white denim pants with gold thread trim.  She got Alexis' sandals and Daniela's belt, and the overall look is rather racy for Katie, but, she figures it's still better than a dress!

Overall though, for a first attempt at changing eyes, the process didn't go too badly.  I'm looking forward to future projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment